You’ll welcome, especially on hot summer days, a no-bake recipe that doesn’t require special equipment or complicated preparation. Simply infuse orange zest into your favourite melted chocolate. Press in fresh blueberries, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, and pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle fleur de sel and refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
Blueberry Bark. So simple. So casual. Gluten free. Cold chocolate delays the sweet sensation. The blueberries burst with flavour. The dried cranberries keep things tart and chewy, while the nuts and seeds add crunch. Take your time with each bite. Let the cold chocolate come alive. Enjoy all the textures of this Blueberry Bark. Let me know how you like it in the comments below.
The Finer Cookie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This post contains affiliate links, which means The Finer Cookie will receive a small commission if you make a purchase using this link. This modest income helps support the website.
MISE EN PLACE BLUEBERRY BARK
- Optional: Toast the almonds and pumpkin seeds in a skillet or in the oven at 325ºF for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the blueberries.
- Zest the orange.
- Weigh and measure the chocolate into a small saucepan, a microwavable bowl or the top of a double boiler.
- Line a baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Fetch the fleur de sel and set it to the side.
- Mix the toasted seeds and nuts with the cranberries, blueberries and orange zest. Set aside.
DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING THE BLUEBERRY BARK
- Melt the chocolate and pour it onto the silicone mat.
- Spread it evenly with an offset spatula until about ¼ inch thick.
- Pour the blueberry mixture over the melted chocolate.
- Gently press the mixture into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle the bark with fleur de sel.
- Set the tray in the refrigerator until set.
- When the chocolate is cool and hard, break the bark into chunks and store in a covered plastic container.
- The bark will keep for as long as the blueberries stay fresh.